ISO 27002 AssessmentsAn independent, objective review of your information security program, including technical, physical and administrative security controls based on the ISO security standard
FRSecure performs a full array of information security assessments and audits including FISMA, ISO Certification, NERC/FERC, FDA, SEC, FINRA, SOX, and more. If you’re looking for an assessment, we’ve likely done it before, and are happy to discuss your needs with you. Call us today.
What is an ISO 27002 Security Assessment?
An ISO 27002 Security Assessment is an information security assessment measured against the ISO security standard. It is essentially a gap assessment, where gaps to the standard are identified, measured and reported to you. ISO 27002 is the security standard used most often by FRSecure security experts when assessing information security programs.
Why would I want one?
ISO 27002 is an industry accepted, well known security standard, and it is a great fit for most organizations. There are multiple reasons to assess your security against ISO 27002:
- Regulatory compliance requiring a security assessment (i.e. HIPAA, GLBA, etc.)
- A valued customer is requiring one
- You’ve seen high profile breaches on the news and wonder how secure you really are
What makes FRSecure different?
There are many significant value propositions that our clients realize. Examples include:
- FRSecure’s Methodology – FRSecure has developed a proprietary approach to assessing information security risks. It’s more than a checklist of questions and recorded answers. Our approach gives you a full picture of your risks – prioritized and rated – with recommended solutions, so you know which security investments will have the greatest impact.
- FRSecure’s Project Leader – All of our project leaders have more than 15 years of information security experience as a leader in, and consultant for hundreds of companies ranging from the Fortune 100 to SMBs. BIO’s for our project leaders are available upon request.
- Full Transparency – FRSecure strongly believes in empowering our customers. The more knowledge transfer that occurs during our engagement, the more value our customers recognize. FRSecure fully discloses the methods, tools, and configurations used to perform analysis work for our customers in the hope that they can easily adopt our processes for their future benefit.
- Product Agnostic – FRSecure does not represent any third-party products or services; on purpose. Our projects and recommendations stand on their own, with no ulterior motive to sell you things you don’t really need.
What are the deliverables I should expect?
We consistently get great feedback on our reporting style. FRSecure has spent years developing reports that communicate assessment results in clear, easy to digest ways, that are appropriate for both technical and non-technical audiences. Typical deliverables out of an information security assessment include:
- Executive Summary Report
- Full Report
- Action Plan and/or Road Map
What does an ISO 27002 Assessment cost?
At FRSecure, every project is custom designed for our clients. We take into account your organization’s size, complexity, industry, compliance requirements, and most importantly, your actual needs. Because of our tailored approach, all you need to do is spend a few minutes on the phone with our team to make sure we are delivering exactly what you need and want.